Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thursdays at the Eclectic Art Gallery

Two years ago I was invited by Janet Paduh to exhibit at the Eclectic Art Gallery.  This is Janet's "baby" and I was thrilled to be in the "child's" life.  I gallery sit on the first and third Thursdays of the month , from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.  The gallery and the riverwalk setting make my gallery days truly enjoyable.  I also take my work- in -progress to the gallery and paint as I welcome visitors.

Everything at the Eclectic Gallery is original, that includes not only two dimensional art in all mediums and styles, but the jewelry, ceramics, metal sculptures, neon art, yes, and many other unique items.

Currently at the gallery, I have "mini" paintings with Riverwalk and Texas themes, several 9x12, 12x9 framed in plein aire frames, and a couple of 8x10s.  I'm now working on 8x10 portfolios, ready to frame, paintings.  All very reasonably priced.

Everything I paint is from something I have seen or experienced.  Although I have worked plein aire many times, I always take a reference photo to jog my memory.  I mostly work out of my small studio.  Here are a few of the paintings at the gallery and the inspiration behind them:

Mission Espada Kitty- there was this lovely white cat posing as I took a photo of the Mission Espada.  I included him(her) in my painting.
 East Texas Road - this was a trip of celebration for my husband and I.  He had just gone through a small stroke and emerged with very little damage.  The doctor said it was a wakeup call and my husband, Joe, made life changes that would help prevent future strokes, although not entirely.  Still,  we went on a trip to east Texas, Tyler, and I found these beautiful inspiring woods with sunlight coming through at the end of the road.
Balancing Act- this one received a Merit Award in Still Life from the Central Texas Pastel Society.  It came about that a friend brought us these giant grapefruits from the Texas valley and my mom had given me these tiny brown pears, thus "Balancing Act".
Evening Show - we took a cruise out of Galveston and it took us to Key West.  We gathered to watch the awesome sunset along with many others.  It was like a fiesta, what fun!
Two Models at the McNay - the McNay Art Museum had a grand re-opening a couple of years back and our Texas Pastel Society was invited to paint on the grounds on that special day.  A beautiful day!
Espada Aqueduct - on the southside of San Antonio is our 300 year old aqueduct that still carries water to the fields. My paternal grandmother was born in San Antonio.  I like to think that maybe I have a link to the past.
Sandia Crest Road 1 and Sandia Crest Road 2 - the view from the top of the 10,000+ Sandia Peak Mountain in Albuquerque is truly breathtaking.  On the way down it started to drizzle and rain on us, one of my favorite subjects!
Pet Stop - just before Kerrville is this roadside rest area and I found a red fire hydrant for the doggies!  It caught my eye for sure!
Go to www.mclopezart.com to see some of my paintings.







If you are coming to the Riverwalk, stop and visit the Eclectic Art Gallery.  I'm there on the first and third Thursdays.  The gallery is located at 518 Riverwalk, streetside.  From the river you need to come up the stairs to reach the gallery.  Streetside, we're between Crockett and Commerce on Presa St.  There is a passageway in the middle of the block.  Hope to see you! Stay inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment